You probably never even heard about Dibba, right? Well, we haven’t either, until this January. It’s a small town in United Arab Emirates, a perfect place to go off the beaten path a little and avoid the mass tourism. Here are our top picks on why you should visit:
1. Sunrises: The way they describe is “meanwhile Dubai and Abu Dhabi are the sunsets places, Dibba is just the opposite”. So, no matter if you’re a morning person or not, make sure to experience the sunrise in this area. Our favourite was at Fairmont Fujairah. The pool’s reflections are stunning because of the signature Fairmont’s design and it’s so calm, nothing can disturb your piece of mind.
2. Sunsets ain’t bad either! Sit down on a beautiful stretch of white sand, and watch the sun set behind the dramatic backdrop of rugged terrain – the skies colour magnificently.
3. Rent a bicycle to go around the hidden valleys of the majestic Al Hajar Mountains. Cycling can be a bit challenging, on the other side, it gives freedom you don’t want to miss.
4. Do a morning yoga at Fairmont Fujairah’s landscape lawn during the sunrise – it feels like you are floating above the sea, giving you a chance to reconnect with nature and rejuvenate spirits.
5. Go for a massage at the Willow Stream Spa; we have done a couples massage and we wouldn’t mind being back there right now, ah! Or just do any of the water sports or aquatic adventures!
6. Enjoy an abundance of seafood dishes in The Copper Lobster Restaurant that is said to have one of the finest Omani lobster in the world!
7. In need of a blurry party? There’s multiple weekly events and every month a famous DJ is rolling by the pool tiled in hues of red, orange and yellow. If you want to splurge, you can even rent the whole penthouse! 😀
8. Stay at the Fairmont Fujairah – art inspired hotel; the resort’s interior design is a juxtaposition of modern bohemian meets art-deco infused with arabesque touches. All rooms and suites feature either marina or ocean views. Oh, did we mention there is french macaroons and other delicacies waiting for you on your arrival? Yes, chill on your splendid balcony and indulge. Happy days!
Also, one of the things we love most about the Fairmont brand is that wherever in the world they decide to build up a hotel, they strive to reduce their environmental impact and enhance the well-being of local communities. So, in Fairmont Fujairah they hold a Masafi Market every Friday where locals can come and sell their own products free of charge; its popular with both residents and tourists alike. It offers fresh fruit and vegetables to traditional art and crafts and hand-woven carpets, making it a bargain-hunter’s delight.
9. But mainly, you should visit Dibba, because you should see and explore a different side of the United Arab Emirates, surrounded by panoramic views of the Gulf of Oman and mountainous landscape – before the rest of the world does.
10. If time allows you, hop into Oman – Musandam Fjords have never been closer!
❥ Have you ever been in Dibba or Fujairah? What did you like most?
xx Lara, Uroš